Support the LGBT community *Blog Post #2

This is my second blog post as assigned from my 9th grade English teacher Mrs. Dunn. Also as a part of the "You and My World" project this is one of the requirements and afterwards there will be one last blog post to complete this amazing project. I have encountered myself  with new facts and information about my issue and they are listed below;
  • The organization called ACLU which stands for ( American Civil Liberties Union ) brought their first LGBT case in the year of 1936.
  • The ACLU is an organization that helps people that are for example Lesbian,Gay,Bisexual, and Transgender. It helps them towards enjoying their constitutional rights of equality, privacy, personal independence, and also freedom of expression.  
  • Then, there's this project, the LGBT project that includes the society of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and lastly Transgender and this project was found on the year of 1986.  
  • Last but not least, there is plenty of support for the LGBT community and throughout the nation there are over 700 LGBT clubs including in colleges and even on their own college campuses. Which means that people like this are never alone.

For more information about  the ACLU and the LGBT community please CLICK HERE

Therefore, by looking over plenty of websites and information about my issue I have realized that even though everyone has different opinions about this issue it will be great to know that people that aren't apart of the LGBT community can at least respect these people that like their same sex. Hating people that are part of the LGBT community doesn't make a change in society and not respecting them doesn't help either. My opinion on this issue is that even if your Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, or Transgender you should be accepted for who you are and what you like, being different isn't a crime being different defines who you truly are. This matters because everyone is society is different and being different is what we need in society, if we were all the same then this world would be much more dull.
If someone ask you are you Gay, Straight, Bi, or Transgender just remember this phrase and say I AM A PERSON.

Somethings that I have done to add to my new research would be survey people that are from diverse ethnicities and also religions. I did this because I would get different responses and different reactions from these people about this issue. This survey took place in Norris Square Park. Therefore, it left me plenty of distinct answers. The responses to my question are listed below;
      What do you think about the LGBT community?
  1. I don’t like it but, it’s life.
  2. I’m cool with that.
  3. I look at them the same way I look at others, equality!
  4. Equality.
  5. I don’t think nothing about them, it’s fine.
  6. Aye everybody is on their own.
  7. I don’t have a problem with them.
  8. It’s okay we need to respect it, we all have the right.
  9. Long live homosexuality.
  10. Don’t know.
  11. I don’t agree with it , because they’ll mess up my kid.
  12. I’m not in favor of it because god made both a man and a woman. I’m against it.
  13. I believe everyone is titled to their own opinion.
  14. If they want to be like that let them be, it’s not you.
  15. I think it’s just people who are born different, with a different sexuality then others. They should be able to have all the rights that straight people have no matter what.
  16. I say leave them alone. They’re people too.
  17. I think it is a touchy topic, schools need to be more prepared to support students who might be/might not be sure....whether or not people support it, we need to support the children.
After surveying people and hearing about their opinions, at the end of the day my opinion has never changed.
     From this survey and actual results I realized that the negativity is discrimination and the positivity is support. I have noticed this because everything positive that was said was from people who have members in their family that are this way end up actually respecting  these people in general. And this is SUPPORT,  it’s the LGBT’s support system. People who give this type of feedback are the ones who respect people who were born this way and there’s nothing wrong with that. Unlike others, the negativity is discrimination because people who I surveyed and question were very harsh and cruel with their answers. Some simply replied that by nature we are born as a man or woman while others didn’t even care or know about this issue. Although, my overall goal might be complex all I’m aiming for is to minimize discrimination towards the LGBT community. In my opinion this could be done by educating people as well as giving speeches to a larger audience.
The LGBT community is an issue that everyone should care about I mean why discriminate when you can SUPPORT instead.
I may only be a teenager, but teenagers can also Make A Change.  I want for the LGBT community to gain more respect and support. Hopefully, this goal will be accomplished.

At this point in the project, I really don’t have any roaming question about my issue. In my perspective the only one that roams within me is why are people so judgemental and straight forward when it comes to this issue. Opinions do change but others don’t always see it that way. It’s extremely bothersome knowing that once someone sticks to one opinion it might never change.
To check out my first blog, click here

&

For more sources, check out my Bibliography.