Sydney Rogers Capstone

This was the very first day of my mini course. We were in the middle of a discussion about poetry.
This was from one of my favorite lessons that I taught about behavioral reactions.
This was from a lesson about how our environment has an affect on our reactions.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rTMiFMoFJ3tvEZq6XILgG_yuYNzb3B7QOT9zt0mf-9c/edit?usp=sharing
For my capstone I taught a mini course for eight weeks for freshman girls. During those eight weeks I organized a lesson plan for every day. The theme of the class was the rise of feminine power through understanding different topics. The goal of the course was to empower women through the exposure of knowledge. Over the eight weeks I taught them lessons about different topics such as behavioral study, philosophies, relationships, healthy living, and handling stress and fear. I also organized activities for the students to do that related to what I had taught in class. They would present their own lessons and the ideas to the class and we’d learn from each other. 
The majority of the time I’d bring up some discussion points and we’d get into a deep conversation. In the beginning of every class I’d start it off with a journal or opening question and then the girls could share their thoughts and answers. After this we’d spend some time giving each other advice if there was something going on. I was able to create a strong community that was a safe place for them to be themselves in. That was a huge part of my course because it sets the foundation for the whole course and how successful it is.