The Cocoon of a Social Butterfly

When being introduced to this project I instantly thought about my social life. I thought about how different everything has been since Covid and how much I miss seeing the people I use to see every single day. With this in mind, I decided to make my project about the compare and contrast of my social life in Covid-19. Before everything hit for years I would constantly hang out with my friends after school and on the weekends. This change has affected me mentally and physically in many ways that I could and couldn’t see. Doing this project has made me reflect on myself in many ways realizing what I can do to improve my Covid experience. In light of all of this what I exactly did for this project was I took photos of three places I use to go to with three different people and I describe my experience as a teenager going to these places before Covid and after. I also explained how Covid has affected my relationships with these three people and how different it was from before. Making a paragraph for each place describing the compare and contrast of the situations I was in. What I did first was take pictures of each place just to show what the places looked like and how they may have changed because of Covid. Then I wrote a thorough paragraph describing what I would do before going to these places and what I do now after Coivd-19 going to these places or not. In that same paragraph, I would compare my relationship with each friend that is linked to the specific place and talk about how it was before and after. I did all of these steps throughout the last few weeks of October and the beginning of November spacing out when I complete each task making sure I don’t cram everything at once. To summarize this project has made me step back and think about everything in the time of Covid-19 and appreciate everything before the time of Covid. Since this project, I have made more progressive decisions to be more active socially and not fixate and reminisce on the past. Doing this has helped me in many ways mentally and knowing I’m not the only one experiencing these things is welcoming. Looking back on the experiences I’ve had and this project will make me forever appreciative.

The Cocoon of a Social Butterfly