The Day I WOuld Never Forget

Maleena Mel/ Gold Steam ​

I remember when I was in ninth grade, well last year I had got in trouble by Mr. Lehman. But it wasn’t just me; it was I, and Nuri. It was just the two of us who always get in trouble over the weirdest reason and it was really dumb. First it was when we went to the store and we weren’t supposed to go and the second time was when we wouldn’t sign our name on the paper. The problem started when we were around people that were playing in the café and some how, some way we had got insoluble. So officer Bird old us to write our name on the paper. But we refuse to. So she told us if we wouldn’t she would tell Mr. Lehman. We told her we didn’t care if she dad or not because we didn’t do anything wrong. So she got mad and told us to leave and go home.

The next day when we went to school, in the middle of class we herd our name on the loud speaker telling us to go to the office. So as we were on our way to the office, we were told that Mr. Lehman wanted us inside his office. So when we enter his office, it was he and Officer Bird. So we already knew what was going to happen.

Office Bird said: “Yup it’s these two. I'm going to leave and let you handle these two.”

Mr. Lehman: “Are you serious, you guys again!!!!!”

Nuri & I: “Oh No!!”

Mr. Lehman: “Sit down… matter fact stand up until I’m done with you… so give me a good reason why you guys are in my office again”

Me: “Officer Bird told me I had to write my name on the paper because she said I was playing around and disturbing people while they was working in the lunch room after school, when I wasn’t. I was just sitting there around the people that was playing around and she assume I was with them playing around. And I told her no I wasn’t putting my name on the paper because I wasn’t gona get in trouble for something I didn’t do.”

Nuri: “Well Mr. Lehman I was sitting there minding my own business and officer Bird came up to me and told me to write my name on the paper and I said why and she said because I was playing, disrupting the people that stayed after school to finish some of there work. And I told her no because I wasn’t playing and I didn’t do anything wrong. So I didn’t write my name.”

Mr. Lehman: (Shouting) “ ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS, OVER THIS LITTLLE THING AND YOU GUYS JUST DIDN’T WRITE YOUR NAME ON THE PAPER. IF YOU GUYS JUST WROTE YOUR NAME AND TOLD ME THE REASON YOU WOULD OF MADE MY JOB EASY, BUT YOU GUYS CHOSE TO MAKE THINGS SO HARD, FOR ME AND FOR YOU. YOU KNOW WHAT … (Silent moment) YOU GUYS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE IN THE CAFÉ FOR TWO WEEKS… GET OUT OF MY ROOM”

I have never seen Mr. Lehman face so red in my life. It was kind of funny but I knew it was wrong, but the good thing was that he didn’t tell our parents. He gave another chance. But the next time if he does hear about us it wouldn’t be excuses, he would just suspend us for a week and give us detention for a month.

What I leaned was instead of making things so difficult, and getting in trouble for the dumbest reasons, and making it a big problem when I can just make it easy and just do what they tell me and solve the problem later. And not only that if I’m around people that I see play I would leave so I wont get trouble.