The Dream Act

The Dream Act was first introduced in 2001 but unforntally the bills never came law, until 2010 there is one bill that almost came law but then it came five votes short so it couldn't  become law. What is The Dream Act?... So The Dream Act is about kids that immigrated to the U.S. with their families when they were little kids. On June 2012 young kids received permission to stay in the U.S lawful and they could apply to renew that permission. These permission papers allow immigrants to legally remain in the United States for as long as their expiration date states. Leading organizations in the U.S. exclusively dedicated to defending and advancing the rights of immigrants with low income. This changed a number of young immigrants’ lives until Donald Trump made the decision to make the DACA into a 6 month grace period. Meaning that after 6 months you can no longer get a DACA.

Here is picture of students protesting.

061812_dream_act_reaction_617x347
061812_dream_act_reaction_617x347

This topic is really important as a whole because I have a lot of friends that immigrated to the U.S. that have a huge possibility of getting deported. It's not just about my friends, it is also about all these other children that came here for a better future because maybe where they came from they didn't have any schools or they didn't have any good jobs so they couldn't really afford a lot of stuff. There are many reasons why a person would leave their whole family began and come to a whole different country that they don't know anything about. I think people need to know about this because not a lot of people understand the fact the immigrating to the U.S wasn't really their choice, it was their parents, and their parents brought them here because they think if they came here they would have way more chances and have a better future.  

This issue is really important because the Dreamers (Young migrants) don't really want anything but to follow their dreams and have a good future and make their families proud, and most of them came to the U.S. when they were really little so they don't really know much about their countries, so it's going to be really hard for them to go back to a country they don't really know and start their whole lives from zero. Most importantly this migrant will work 10x harder as people that were just born here because as an immigrant you know what it feels like to not have anything, and you know that being here in America is just a blessing.

Here is another picture od more people protesting to pass The Dream Act.

Since I don't really know everything about The dream act I had to do research. Researching really did help me understand the subject better, but until this day There are still people that prostate and fight to make this a Law. I really wanna continue on this project because this topic is really interesting and it means alot not just to me but to many other people, most of them this topic means the whole world to them. Most importantly this topic is honestly heartbreaking.

Kaleb Harris (Student 2021)
Kaleb Harris

I like this post and you informed me of what the Dream Act is. This post is very informative and cohesive and is straight forward with the presentation and the background. This could use more improvement grammatically and formally. The format of this information is in your face and casual talking at some points which distrupts the pace and becomes more opinionated than factual which could cause misinterpretation of information and lack of seeing the severity of a problem like immigrations and children immigrants.

Kaleb Harris (Student 2021)
Kaleb Harris