The Importance of Exercise

You probably already know or at least heard about how important exercise is for you and your body. But what you don’t know are the facts behind that importance. Like, did you know that exercise can help prevent heart diseases like, diabetes, low and high blood pressure? My project is about exercise, how we don’t get enough and why it is important. There’s more for you to know so if you’re interested please read the rest of this blog to learn more.

First we will talk about the benefits of exercise. As mentioned before, exercise can prevent heart and other diseases  like diabetes, low and high blood pressure and even some forms of cancer. Exercise is really important, especially when you’re younger. If you start an exercising routine when younger it will be easier for you to keep up with it as you get older. Children nowadays don’t get enough exercise. Now I know what you’re thinking,”kids don’t get the exercise they need because of the TV and new technology of today”. Although that plays a factor, that's not the entire reason. Some of issue simply they may not know what to do or have anybody to do it with. If you’re a parent/guardian it is part of your job to help them stay active. If you are asking yourself why is this so important please visit this site to learn more about the importance of child exercise. Exercise isn’t just for kids, it’s just as important for adults to get exercise. To learn more about click here.

Image result for adults exercisingadults working together https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/workouts/exercise-according-to-age-group.html

Now lets dig deeper into the benefits of exercise and staying healthy. I’ve already mentioned that can help prevent diseases but did you know that it can help the mind too. Exercising causes the body to produce endorphins, chemicals that can help a person to feel more peaceful and happy, It can help people sleep better, and help people with mild depression and low esteem. Exercise can give people a sense of accomplishment when they achieve a goal like scoring a point in a game or finish a morning run. Now there are different types of exercises that help your body. There are three components to a well-balanced exercise routine are: aerobic exercise, strength

training, and flexibility training. Aerobic exercise is any type of exercise that gets the heart pumping and quickens your breathing. Strength Training is when you basic things that you’d do in a gym that builds your muscles. Flexibility training includes stretching exercises for the purpose of increasing one's range of motion. For more information on the benefits and how these forms of exercise help your body click this link to learn more.

This shows the difference a person who exercises regularly and a person who doesn’t http://reclaimyourlongevity.com/articles/reduce-disease-risk/muscle-downgrade-is-a-blow-to-your-body/Image result for strong healthy muscles

Now you can just go outside and go for a run but there are also cool routines and specific exercises that can help your body in whatever way you need. This site suggest a few of those.

I choose the issue of the importance of exercise because not a lot of people know how important it actually is. As an athlete I take my body seriously and like to keep it healthy and in shape. I want to spread the word about exercise so that those who want to become lean and healthy now have the knowledge to do so. Now you have no excuse.

For all my sources and a brief description about their content take a look at my Annotated Bibliography. Thank you for your time and please tune in for more about the importance of exercise.

Rasa Watson (Student 2020)
Rasa Watson

this post is very informative, I didn't know that there were three different types of exercise. I just thought exercise was exercise. Is it possible for you to show how many people aren't getting the right amount of exercise? maybe tell us how much exercise we need, that way I know that I'm getting the right amount.