The Keystone Pipeline Monologue Project

​intro : 
For this project we first watched a video that people  made to inform us what this Keystone pipeline project was. After we watched the videos we had a feeling of what it was all about so we got more information about it by looking it up. My first  monologue was about a young lady named Betty who lives in Oklahoma and is forced to work onto the Keystone Pipeline because she is jobless and needs to pay her bills. The Keystone pipeline puts people in different positons. For instance Betty does not support the Keystone idea because it raise global warming ,but someone like Mitt Romney wants to build it because it can increase jobs. With this topic you really have mixed emotions because you want people to get jobs but we will have to suffer in the end.

facts:
- can create more jobs :) 
-can increase global warming :( 
- when global warming increases animals such as penguins are in danger. :(
-  increase in pollution :(
- the oil can spill :( 
- Romney supports the keystone pipeline
Bibliography:
KEITH, TAMARA. "Just How Many Jobs Would The Keystone Pipeline Create?."http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2011/12/14/143719155/just-how-many-jobs-would-the-keystone-pipeline-create. ©2012 NPR, 14 2011. Web. 18 Oct 2012.

"Keystone XL pipeline."http://www.foe.org/projects/climate-and-energy/tar-sands/keystone-xl-pipeline. friends of the earth, n.d. Web. 18 Oct 2012.

Minicucci, Daniela . "Pros and cons of the Keystone XL pipeline project Read it on Global News: Global News | Pros and cons of the Keystone XL pipeline project ." http://www.globalnews.ca/pros and cons of the keystone xl pipeline project/6442489765/story.html. © Global News. A division of Shaw Media Inc., 2012. Read it on Global News: Global News | Pros and cons of the Keystone XL pipeline project , november 6 2011. Web. 18 Oct 2012.

Choosing

Betty:   
(slams newspaper down)
I’m so tired of looking at this newspaper everyday. I applied to many job for a long time and
nothing ever comes through!

Oh Hey, what’s this “ New job opportunity working for the Keystone Pipeline , call 405-346-7856 today!”
(
phone rings)
Hello? This is she … oh hey James.
(sighs)
Yes i know i’m five months behind on my rent. I swear when I get the money, I will give it to you, you know I lost my job , come on “brother” help a sister out. Okay James i’m going to  have your money. (hangs up the phone)
Oh gosh , I gotta find work asap , I can’t afford to lose this place.
(google’s keystone pipeline)
I can’t believe they are going to build this thing ; its bad for the enviroment , but then again I do need a job but do i wanna take a job that I don’t even support ?, then again James called acting all crazy and if I don’t have his money he will put me out! I don’t know what to do ! This pipeline can ruin peoples homes, oil can spill and it will cause a lot of damage that my state doesn’t need right now. It seems like it pays good money, I need this job badly ,
(sighs) I gotta do what I gotta do.  What’s that number again?

i hate humans!

Flipper the penguin:
(stands up on a chair)
I hate humans! They get on my damn nerves. They don’t care nothing about us, they just care about themselves. They don’t care if we live or not. They only think of themselves. Humans are disgusting I hate everything about them. All they think about is money and power! Your probably wondering why were having this assembly about humans , well there trying to kill us!because of these fucking humans the glaciers are melting. why ? because of global warming! My time and yours is limited on this here earth!  
(gets down from chair , stands up)
How are we suppose to survive in hot weather!?W
e CAN’T !! (get mad ,your in rage) for god sake we are penguins! We belong in the cold! Antarctica is my home! If the ice caps melt, my life is in danger and so is yours! my dad told me the humans are trying to build this thingy called the Keystone Pipeline.The Keystone Pipeline is a  pipeline system that  transports oil from Canada to Illinois and Oklahoma, this pipeline is going to kill us! why ? because of all that pollution it will cause This pipeline can … stretch that it WILL increase global warming! And do we need that!? No! live your life well! live it up because soon we will all die, all  because of those damn humans! I HATE HUMANS!

i’m not selling!
Candice:
(turns channel on tv)
There’s never nothing on this damn tv. I guess i’ll watch family feud. Twice? It’s 10 times you idiot , people don’t know what to say on tv these days.
(knock on door). Who is ? who ?! Keystone .. what !? no I don’t want to damn health insurance ( opens door) ohhhhh the people from the Keystone pipeline , speak up I thought you said Keystone Mercy , you know that dern health insurance who won’t pay for my freaking meds , but anyway come in , sit down. Let me put my dentures in. ( puts dentures in ) Now you fellas say yall got to talk to me? what for? huh ? wait a min. I forgot to put in my hearing-aids. (puts in hearing aids).  Now talk. You want to do what ! Do you know how long i lived in this house !? (yells) do you!? 70 years I been living here , and now you bastards want to tear it down to build this thing called the Keystone Pipeline. what the hell is that anyway? a pipe that transfer oil ? Don’t you know this could ruin the environment you ass. Your trying to pay me to sell?! I be damned if I sell my house so you can build this thing , I dont care if I can get free beer for a year i’m not selling! This house is everything to me and yall just trying to tear it down to build a pipeline that can increase . . damn whats its called .. uhhh global something … global warming there we go. Yall money hungry people just care about yourselves. Well i’m not selling ! and thats final! Now get the hell out! But nothing , I told you i’m not selling my house now leave ! (slams doors). (talking to self) They really thought i was going to sell my house , so they could build this pipeline , that can pollute my air, and harm others. stupid people. (contuines to watch family feud) it’s car you dummy.