The lives of Black People

This picture right here gives some of the names of people who have died because of police brutality.

“Police Brutality”, is the excessive and unwarranted use of force by law enforcement. In the United States “qualified immunity”, is used to protect officers from litigation after incidents of police violence. Crazy right? I know you are getting tired of hearing about how another black person has been killed by the police. Well I am and if you didn’t know I am a black African American. In the first 8 months of 2020, 164 black people were killed, stated by LI Cohen . IN THE FIRST 8 MONTHS, are you serious.
My connection to this topic is myself being a black woman. I’m tired of hearing how white police officers brutality cleaning Black Afrain American. I’m going to be totally honest. I’m scared because I feel like it’s getting worse and I fear for me and my family’s safety. I think this is important for others to know because it happens all the time and it’s not like the police get the consequences that they really deserve. This issue is significant because we are fearing people that are supposed to protect us. This was stated in another article, “For young men of color, police use of force is among the leading causes of death.” This here picture represents an estimated lifetime risk of being killed by police by force as while as sex. This data is from 2013 to 2018. You can’t make these things up. I think it is important for me to know these things because I am a black woman and I have brothers and a father that at any time could be a risk. I can start to educate myself now because anything can happen. Let me tell you about a man named Walter Wallace Jr., he was a 27 year old man. He was mentally ill and his mother tried to let the police know that but they didn’t listen. He was armed with a knife but was 20 feet away from the cops and yeah should have put it down when and if they even asked him to. But as you should know cops carry teasers, they didn’t need to shoot SEVERAL TIMES, if they had TEASERS. Now read this article and tell me what you think. Crazy right? Same situation but you know the difference? He was a “vicious” black man if they were “fearing” for their lives. In conclusion, I wonder if this is ever going to stop. When are white police officers going to start using their none racist brains when it comes to handling a situation with black people? When I continue my research, I hope to learn more about defunding the police because this will solve most of the problems in the world. Like there is no reason ANYONE should be afraid of someone/system that is supposed to protect us from any harm but is causing the most harm . When it is going to happen?, is it still even something that people are stealing trying to enforce?

This here picture represents an estimated lifetime risk of being killed by police by force as while as sex. This data is from 2013 to 2018.