The Odyssey Analyses

In this part of our Q4 benchmark I was required to analyze a ​character in the story called Macbeth.hope you like it.....

Dionysos (DionusoV)

Is a god who was twice born. The first time her was in the womb of Semele and then she died by the bolt of Zeus. Then Zeus saved him and put him in his thigh till he was born again. In the story Lycurgus, the king Lycurgus discovers that Dionysus is in his kingdom .So what the king does is has all of the followers of Dionysus

to be put in prison. Then Dionysus fled to Thetis and then caused a revolt because of the drought that he caused. Dionysos made the king crazy and made him kill his son thinking that it was stick ivy. A wise man claimed the land was going to be dry while Lycurgus was alive. So his people killed Lycurgus and then Dionysos lifted the drought.

I think this is a very funny because it describes the god Dionysos and how violent and also fair he can be. I say that because he is known for being the God of wine, parties and festivals, madness, drunkenness and pleasure. So like probably had a wild party when the king got mad at him and then did what he did. Then Dionysos was drunk on wine from the party he got made n put a curse on the king’s land. When the king was killed that brought him pleasure.

I believe that the symbols (thyrsus, grapevine, leopard skin

Panther, tiger, and leopard) represent him because they symbolize power. Like if you see any of the animals you would be scared. And the leopard skin and thyrsus if they are on your body you will look cool.

I think this god exist because their has to be god that “PARTIES HARD.” So they made him to have fun. I think the Greeks really like him because in away he is like the bad uncle in the family that is a bad influence.