The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Chandrea Lack, Rasa Watson, Madison Siegel, Simon V.

June 5, 2017

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The video that we created is a movie trailer for TPBW (The Perks of Being a Wallflower.) We decided to work as a team to create a different movie trailer than the one that was already made. Our first pick was going to recreate a scene but then we had a lot to pick from so instead we did the movie trailer. During the trailer we found a lot of cool spots around the school to film at. The tunnel scene where Charlie looks at Sam some type of way when she goes to stick her head up and let the wind blow through her hair, was a scene that we got to shoot at the back stairways and the the lighting there matched perfectly with our scene.   

We also picked these scenes because they were an important part of the book where Charlie faces tough times and how life is in high school. He also goes through drug phases and romance scenes. This trailer sums up the book in a lot of ways and shows how Charlie’s life is put together in a thrilling and heartwarming way. Our group got to sit together and think about the key points during the book and that is how we made our movie trailer.