The Piggy That Wouldn't Squeal

LoTFEssayDraft

Kaitlyn Petroski-Rimmer (Student 2019)
Kaitlyn Petroski-Rimmer

The essay was really well written and did a great job in convincing me. The real world example used was explicitly connected to the book and your thesis. Something that this reminds me off is the implicit bias test we took at the beginning of the year, it's a pretty similar topic.

Kaitlyn Petroski-Rimmer (Student 2019)
Kaitlyn Petroski-Rimmer

Afi Koffi (Student 2019)
Afi Koffi

This essay didn't convince me as much as it could've. I think you had a great idea that you didn't flesh out enough. You have strong examples from the book. This makes me think of everyday interactions. I often make quick choices about who to trust.

Bronwyn Goldschneider (Student 2019)
Bronwyn Goldschneider

This essay convinced me for sure. I liked the real world example you used as it tied into how quickly the boys ruled out Piggy and favored Ralph. Another example that comes to mind for this thesis is that Jack was also ruled out in competition with Ralph and early on in the book there are quotes describing Jack's "ugliness". In the end, though, most of the group was on Jack's side, so I guess that's something different.