The School Transition

I don’t know what to write about. I forgot my idea. I posted it, I swear, but now I can’t find it. My teacher is bugging me about it. She won’t leave me alone. My old school wasn’t like this. I just can’t seem to get used to this untraditional learning style.

Here’s what would happened in class at my old school, I would walk into class and sit down at the desk with my name tag attached to it and immediately complete the question on the smartboard.

After completing the question the teacher would tell the class to take out the homework from last night and pass it to the front of the classroom.

The class would then write notes and the teacher would specifically tell us what to write down in our notebooks. At the end of class we would be assigned a question prior to what we learned in class that day. This was an everyday routine.

But i’m not there anymore because I thought that military school would not benefit me unless I wanted to join the military in the future.

And now, I’m stuck in this new class with no idea what to do, and the teacher is going to come look over my shoulder any minute, I know it.

And in Math, the teacher asked me about my homework and why I was absent. I was absent because I was sick. And i sent an email out, but i don't know if my teachers got it -- because nobody responded. I didn't even want to send that email. My dad made me do it.

And I told the Principal my lunch sucks. THere are these Freshman in there. He told me to get over it.” That´s  what he said! ¨Get over it.¨ I don't feel like I have any support here. This school, they try to say they support kids here. They say the work is hard, but I don't have a problem with the technical part -- I have a problem with the format, how they all teach. It´s confusing. I have a research template for World History, and I didn´t know if that was homework or not. I thought it was, and then I missed the deadline. To say ¨the template is due the next day,¨ then itś not clear that itś a project until the end. It just is like any other lesson until the very end, when weŕe making it pretty and presenting it in front of the class. This is so confusing.

There are never any specific instructions telling me how to complete anything. My teachers just expect me to figure it out, and when I ask for their assistance they tell me to use my brain. It’s not that I don’t understand the lesson taught in class it’s the format of each assignment given after the lesson that always confuses me. This can’t go on any longer I have to try and figure these issues out before it's too late.   

The social life here is not any better. I gave one person my instagram, and then overnight everybody had it. And all the girls act weird around me. Iĺl talk to them and they stare at me as I´m talking, and then just laugh and turn their head like I said something funny. Except Iḿ being serious. Itś kind of annoying. At my old school, they werenẗ shy the way they are here. I don't know why they would be shy, Iḿ just talking. Iḿ trying to be friends, and they get all weird like weŕe not supposed to be friends.

Except the one who sits next to me in English, Julia. Her behavior is different because she talks to me. She doesn't laugh at every single thing I say. She actually talks to me about the work, and doesn't get off topic if we do talk in class. She doesn't ask me about Instagram or anything.

Why did I do this to myself?

I just have to stop turning in nothing in class. I have to turn in something, or else it becomes a zero.

Hey Julia I have a question. Can you help me get started?