The Story of Red

I spent a week enthralled in this book. On the edge of my seat for its entirety, focused on every word, hearing every sound, seeing the landscapes broken uneven pavement and understanding the characters. Like the complexity of the internal struggles of Red, the extremely human but excruciating animalist need to have power, to be the alpha dog in the room. Using that great power how you see fit. However knowing that you have to step down and play the role of a pawn, to be loyal to the ones that you love even when you are dying to take that power. This is  shown but the pawn with the queen shadow. And above his head his name “Red” in color chocolate color  because your eyes may just deceive you as you read this story.

In the right corner you see the medieval brick read letters that read “Granny”. Above it you see the eerie setting of  blown to the side and tattered curtains; with the werewolves skull on top of the brown silver moon the same moon. This is shown in the chest of Red. On the table you see a jewelry box filled with silver which was used to make the silver bullets. Next to that is a wolfsbane cigar used to make a thick smoke fog protect Red from the wolfs when they first broke into Granny’s house.

Then seen to the left of Red are fancy almost cursive writing that reads “Marrisa”, who runs an antique shop seen above. She is the main female character, and the  love interest of Red, on top of the shop you see winding tree with a bird next to an arrow. Marrisa was the one picked to learn how to use the silver tipped arrow this caused her to marking up a tree in the middle of the woods that almost leads the her demise. Finally at the top you see blood dripping onto the image showing the death of the wolves. A collage of descriptive writing and amazing imagery.