The Talk with a Noodle Show

To watch our video click here!

Ethan: Host

Tyler: Recorder   

Jakob: Actor (Junior, Dad, Rowdy)

Sukainah: Actress (Penelope, Mom)

Script

The first day:

Ethan: Hello and welcome back to The Talk With A Noodle Show. I am your host Ethan Chen and for the next 2 days we will be in a absolutely true discussion about the newest book “The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian.” Our first guest that we will bring out is the narrator of this book. Please give a warm welcome to Junior.

(Junior comes out, while people are applauding)

Ethan: Hello Junior, it’s nice to have you here today with us.

Junior: It’s my pleasure to be here.

Ethan: Throughout your book, you explained that your family is poor. Talk about that…

Junior: Yes, my family is poor, and even though we have tough times, my parents try their best to keep me happy, which is all that matters.

Ethan: I like how even though you go through a lot of things, you are always finding ways to make yourself happy. Is there a specific person that makes you happy as well.

Junior: Rowdy and Penelope are people that make me happy.

Ethan: Elaborate on this.

Junior: Well, Rowdy is my best friend. Rowdy is always there for me no matter how hard it gets between us. Also, Penelope likes me for who I am.

Ethan: Seems like you have a lot of positivity around you. I would like to thank you for for coming here tonight.

Junior: Thank you; it was a pleasure being here.

Ethan: After the break, we will have another special guest, which is Penelope. We’ll be right back!

(Crowd is cheering/ Applauding)

1st commercial:

Junior: Oh hey… didn’t see you there. This is my new book and it talks about my first year in high school. Be sure to check it out at your local bookstore.

Ethan: Welcome back to the talk with a noodle show. Our next guest is someone who played a major role in Junior’s first year of high school. Let’s give a big welcome to Penelope!

(Crowd is cheering/ Applauding)

Ethan: Hello Penelope. How are you?

Penelope: I’m great Ethan. How are you?

Ethan: I'm good. I’m glad you were able to come here with us tonight, because I would like to discuss a few things with you. The first thing I would like to talk about is your relationship with Junior. How did actually become a couple?

Penelope: Junior is a very understanding person. Most people only care about my looks, while he actually cares about me, which makes him different.

Ethan: One of the things that shocked everyone was when you accepted that Junior was poor. Can you elaborate on this?

Penelope: Everyone’s life isn’t perfect, which means you shouldn’t judge people just because there’s struggles going on in their life. You should try to give them positivity in their life and trying to him them.

Ethan: Wow… powerful words. I would like to thank you again for being able to come tonight.

Penelope: It was a pleasure being here.

Ethan: Tomorrow, be ready, because we will have 2 new guest. Good night everybody!

(Crowd is cheering/ Applauding)

The next day:

Ethan: Hello and welcome back to The Talk With A Noodle Show. I am your host Ethan Chen and today is the final day that will have a discussion about the newest book “The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian.” Please give a warm welcome to our first guest of the night, Rowdy.

(Crowd is cheering/ Applauding)

Ethan: Hello Rowdy. Glad you can be here with us tonight.

Rowdy: I only came, because Junior told me to.

Ethan: Alright… well let's begin our discussion. In the past, you and Junior weren’t best friends, because Junior went to a different school, When you guys weren’t best friends how did that make you feel.

Rowdy: (Starts to get mad) You know what I hate talking about the way I feel. This whole thing is stupid, and I don’t even know why I came here in the first place. I’m leaving.

(Rowdy leaves, and everyone is quiet)

Ethan: That was extremely awkward, but after the break, we will have 2 new guest. We’ll be right back!

2nd commercial:

Junior: Oh sorry… didn’t see you there. Reardan is hosting a basketball tournament on April 7th- April 10th. Tickets are $10. If you want to come, be there!

Ethan:  Welcome back to The Talk With A Noodle Show. Before the break, Rowdy stormed off, because he didn't want to talk about his feelings; but the show must go on. Our next two guest is Junior’s mom and dad. Let’s bring them out.

(Crowd is cheering/ Applauding)

(Mom only comes out)

Ethan: I thought it was supposed to be you and your husband... where is he?

Mom: I’m sorry, but unfortunately, my husband couldn’t make it.

Ethan: Why?

Mom: My husband is an alcoholic, and whenever he’s drunk, he doesn't come home until he is sober.

Ethan: I’m sorry to hear that. I brought you here tonight to discuss some things with you. In the book, “The absolutely true diary of a part- time indian”, Junior had a lot of accomplishments. Are you proud of Junior in any way?

Mom: I am very proud of Junior. He is different than the rest o my family. He’s very intelligent, and I can see that he will live a very successful life in the future.

Ethan: This is beautiful, I love it! Another thing that was brought up in the book was the death of your mother and daughter. It seemed like you were very upset about this. How are you feeling?

Mom: Everyday I get stronger and stronger, and even though it’s hard, I still get through it.

Ethan: Powerful words there. I would like to thank you for coming out tonight, and I wish you and your family the best.

Mom: Thank you. It was a pleasure being here.

Ethan: Alright that wraps up the show for tonight. Thank you for tuning in.Have a good night! Goodbye!

(Crowd is cheering/ Applauding)