TheVision

TheVision

Book: The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison

James Kry, Nasir Duppins, Sukainah Hasan, & Tristan Mayberry

Podcast Summary:

In this first podcast, we covered how skin color played a huge role throughout the book and mostly the life of Pecola. In the book, if you’re not how everyone wants you to be, you get bullied for it. We went over Pecola’s very abusive father, who burned down Pecola’s home, leaving her with Claudia’s family for now. Page 5, before the actual story began, quoted “Pecola was having her father’s baby” along with her questioning how women produce babies, sparked a debate between Tristan and Sukainah about if Pecola will be impregnated by her father later on in the book. Towards the end, we predicted where the novel was going to go. It was collectively agreed that Pecola had a lot of issues that needed a backstory that hasn’t been provided just yet. So, in the pages to come, our prediction led us to Pecola gaining a larger role where her tense family situation will be revealed.

Link to Podcast:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HUvBy8ZsDf_PPe4Z-7gYf_gtqqYUgipz?usp=sharing

Caresten Moses (Student 2021)
Caresten Moses

I enjoyed the music and introductions. I also liked how there was a bit of a debate and it showed different perspectives and perceptions of the book and the understanding of what you all were reading.

Caresten Moses (Student 2021)
Caresten Moses

Ida McGrath (Student 2021)
Ida McGrath

I liked how you all gave your opinions on the book and had a discussion of your different interpretations. I liked how you ended the podcast with the music again.