Thinking About The Future

Thinking about the Future

With my first blog post I talked about how the world will look like Earth from the Disney movie, WALL-E. The reason I related the future of Earth to WALL-E’s world is because in WALL-E the world is a trash planet covered in trash. There is buildings made of trash, now our Earth right now doesn’t have buildings of trash, but we do have large heaps and streets filled with trash. So how will it be in the future? Look at my old Blog Post here.

This whole project is about raising awareness about littering. I’m not just trying to make the world more beautiful, I’m trying to show people the effects this can cause and will cause. It's so much more than just dropping a piece of trash in the street. It causes so much harm to this planet to where we will soon have to leave Earth and go to a whole new planet, and leave this planet to be a wasteland. It's shameful for humans to not care. Makes some people ashamed to be humans. It makes me scared for my descendants. I am a person who is very fond of family. The cheatley family always must go on, for me at least. The fact that they will grow up on different planets because the one that birthed us, we destroyed. This is just my opinion though, back on the actual topic.

People who litter litter because people don't see it as a bad thing, they see it as just a normal act, but they don't see it as harming the planet. As seen in the graph below, you can see that the majority of people would do nothing if they saw someone litter. I think the reasoning is because people just don't want to intrude on people's lives, but for me personally, I would pick up litter if I see someone litter. My mother just always raised me in those ways.  

I found out a lot about the ninth grade and what they think about littering. Most of the students do think that littering is a bad thing seen in this HistogramScreenshot 2017-05-18 at 9.29.29 PM.png

Also how most people will pick up litter if it is on their property more than if they caused it. That really made me wonder because you’ll pick up others litter but not your own? I was confused. If you would like to see all of the answers on my google form, you can see it right here. When I did dove into others research on littering I came by very interesting websites and topics about littering. If go to this website, you’ll see nine facts of what littering actually does to the world and what humans who care about the world have to do to make the world a tiny bit more pretty from what other humans do. There is another link I have here that is mentioned in the other link. It is about keeping the state of Tennessee clean, but provides great questions and answers. This is probably the best link I’ve seen so far. This provides so much information and really goes in depth with how bad littering is. I really do enjoy how much they work they put into their powerpoint.

Check out my Bibliography here. And just saying, if you want to check out the hyperlinks tap the word with two fingers then open in new tab.

Shyann Davis (Student 2020)
Shyann Davis

I really like the way you put your old blog post into this blog post. And I really liked how you put a link not just about keeping Philadelphia clean but another state. Your charts have 20 responses and I believe that that is a very good amount. And questions are very well written. Keep up the good work.