Time Capsule (Short Sci-Fi Story)

TIME CAPSULE
“There has been a new experiment of Time Travel by Kirb Gluten, scientist of  England, who is here with us in Philadelphia, as he will be giving a public speech to young scientists in the Central Library of Philadelphia, to describe his ideas with the public of America, without further ado now over to you Kirb” CNN reports.
“Well thank you, as I must say...”
“Turn this off now Berto, go play outside or something before it gets too dark!” my mother declared with fury.
“I have to finish homework Ma’ I don’t have to play outside.” I screamed as I run up the steps and went into my room.
I guess she will or no one will ever understand, besides Kirb, about everything of time and space... I wish the world was a better place, I mean... it is but I wish people could appreciate science more rather than sports and all that nonsense... It is freezing in here...!
“Mai’!”
“What Berto!?”
“It’s freezin’!”
“Oh well! Goodnight, sleep under your sheets!”
“C’mon Ma’!”
….
Of course she doesn’t answer me, as always... Whatever, I’m not going to bed, I need to still change the capsule on the wall in the bathroom but first I NEED to finish watching the news snippet. I get up off my bed as it shrieks, tip toeing to the door, turn the knob and out I went. Skipping a few steps of the stairs, plopped onto the couch, as I then quickly turn the TV on. Yes! Kirb is still on TV!....
“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!” my mom gasps in fear, I hear the distinct tone in her voice.
I drop my remote and jetted up the steps, bursting through the door I see a 12 year-old girl with clothes seeming extra large and tears trickling down her face.
“Mom why... What?!.. How did this happen!?”
“Who are you?!, I don’t know what happened, one moment I was staring into the hole of this wall then I was chatting with my grandmother and playing cards!, I want to go back!”
“Why did you look into the hole in the wall?! That’s my time machine that has so many side effects...please Mom, stop crying!” I was so nervous, I had to extract the titanium and place it in the aluminum container so my mom would not catch gaze on it again.
“Who is mom?! I’m Ella, who the heck are you!?”
“Nothing, no one, just listen to me, you’re my mom but you just forgot everything because you used my time machine...” my palms were drowning with sweat, I knew there was only a little time until the side effects of the time machine would kick in on my mom.
“So the hole is a time machine? I just peaked, I don’t understan..” her voice cracked as tears poured down her face even more.
“Forget about it, we need to go find Kirb, the scientist who has the same structure as my machine.”
She didn’t say a word...Not one single syllable as she just followed me out the door, down the steps, and outside into the night well dawn almost. We were walking so fast, it felt like we were running, but I could not run, the side effects would take in more heavily on my mom if we did so. We were almost at the Central Library, Kirb always starts early, everyone is fascinated with his work, I hope I get his attention. We walked through the pathway, and up the steps of the library. Then, I began banging on the door as I saw Kirb. I signaled him to come over, he had the most puzzled, scared look on his face as he hesitated to open the back door. He would NOT take his eyes off my mother, I slowly turned my head and came to find a 5-year old with red eyes as my mother. I quickly picked her up, over my shoulders, as Kirb opened the door.
“You...my boy, have a lot of explaining to do, I understand what you’re going through, hurry before she becomes deformed..”
“Sir, Mister, K..K...Kirb, this is my mother, there has to be something, she only has about 10 minutes left, my side effects...” I could not stop trembling, I felt as if there was a knot in my throat.
“Which element did you use?”
“Umm..Titanium 101x, I meant to adjust it before I went to bed but..” I could not even finish my sentence as my body became weak with anxiety.
“Hurry, to the auditorium..grab your mom and just throw her into the machine.”
“What?!”
“No time for questions, throw her in the machine and I will follow with the titanium so I can identify which part of time period she was in...Did she say anything when she came to our era?”
“She was playing cards with her grandmother.”
We did not speak much further as we ran into the auditorium, I threw my mother and Kirb actually caught her while entering the portal. Within milliseconds my mom returned back to normal and Kirb then came exactly one minute later.
“Mama!”
“Berto!”
“Wow, my head hurts, as I said boy you have a LOT of explaining to do..”
“Thank you Kirb!”
“Berto, what are you thanking him for?”
“For saving you.”
She gave me a puzzled, loving smile and replied, “Go outside and play, Berto.”