Time for a new computer

This morning, as I lazily ate my breakfast, my dad asked me what time I needed to leave in order to catch my bus.

"15 minuets before 9:50," I said. "So 9:35."

"9:50? I thought you said 9:15. I have a meeting at 10:00.  We're going to have to leave a lot sooner."

I headed upstairs, with a little more pep than I had before.  While I was brushing my teeth, I realized I hadn't printed out my ticket conformation.  With my toothbrush still in my mouth, I rushed downstairs and began loading Gmail on my dad's decade-old computer.  Once I pulled up the email, I asked my dad to print it; I haven't used Windows in four years.  He said he would, and I ran back up the stairs, doing my best to not make him late to his meeting. 

At 8:55, I returned, ready to get in the car.  There was only one problem: the computer had frozen and had to be restarted.  When it finally powered back up and printed the document at 9:10, I realized we were out of ink.  

"Let's just go, Dad.  It's fine. I don't really have anymore time to spend. "

He didn't reply and I sat in silence for another five minutes. When we pulled up to 30th St. Station, without a printed confirmation, I was able to show the attendant my handwritten number.  

Long story short: don't waste time fussing with an old computer; Megabus doesn't need printed confirmations anyway.