Toni marshall Making period 1

This marking period, I had difficulties trying to grasp a idea that my heart was into. First I decided to make a art project that was very abstract, using recycled glass, bottles, and other materials that would usually land into a landfill. That project wasn't a fail but it wasn't heartfelt. So I decided to do something that I do best, poetry. Every time I write a poem a truth bleeds out. In order for this project to be advertised and different I've decided to spray paint it on the windows in the art studio. I currently don't have any images of what this project will look like. It takes many steps and hard work to complete it. I had to measure the windows, figurre out the font size, and cut out my stencils for the spray paint. I have a sample of what the poem is: "

If it isn’t the latest fashion trend we won’t allow the human species to be recycled,

Our hearts to be reused, more like thrown in a landfill because you can’t be saved here,

No matter how many shirts we decide to wear that claim we are going green, we don’t change we are selfish

Wrapped up in a diabetic tornado, it isn’t sweet here. We’re dying."- Toni Marshall

This quarter in art, hearts will change and beat a different tune, we are getting in touch with ourselves.