Toni Morrison Cut The Cheese

Toni Morrison writes about the ongoing experiences black girls and women endure due to living in a white man’s world. The main character, Pecola Breedlove, prays for the beauty of a white girl with blue eyes and yellow hair. In this episode, The Cheese Table digs into Pecola’s life challenges and the true meaning behind them.

Listen here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iC9gmYoHpGj44DGDH29usbY9hbdpjhWy/view?usp=share_link

Synai Harris (Student 2023)
Synai Harris

I liked how you guys incorporated each other into the novel by breaking down the point of view and how you each viewed the characters and their actions differently.

Devin Hang (Student 2023)
Devin Hang

I like how you all gave each other cheese nicknames. The starting music really got it into the groove. Appreciate how you compare Pecola and Claudia. Taking the point of view and how it affects who is more really the main character. Also, the use of reflection on the past and connecting it to a child’s mindset. Some of the topics that are discussed are relatable, and it feels real and raw. I think it is fine if you curse.