Transphobia Final Project

In my previous blog post I stated that I wanted to work to stop Transphobia, I was having trouble coming up with ways to stop it seeing as it is social. My teacher Ms.Giknis offered me the opportunity to work with my friends Kenzie and Mike seeing that we had projects that focused on similar problems. While working together we brainstormed on a way to change or improve our problems. We decided that we would hold a bake sale to raise money and donate to an anti bullying foundation.

We all agreed  to hold a bake sale to raise money to donate to an anti bullying foundation. We decided on a date and what to bring. Kenzie planned to bake cookies and bring them in school. Michael planed to buy a box of donuts to bring in the day of the bake sale. The day before the sale I spent the night baking about five dozen cookies to sell at lunch. The day of the bake sale we sold all of our donuts and all of Kenzie’s cookies. During lunch I sold the cookies I baked for 25 cents a piece. The cookies were received relatively well and I sold about four out of the five dozen.

After the bake sale Kenzie And Michael and I raised 42 Dollars.After doing some research, we decided to donate the money to the Stop Bullying Now Foundation. The foundation allows access to professional speakers and counselors to stop bullying the short term. For the long term they aim to raise awareness

about bullying of all sorts. This means that they also offer help for bullying for LGBTQ kids . I feel that Mike, Kenzie and I could have raised more money if we had sold everything.  

In retrospect I wish that we had announced the bake sale so we had more people buying cookies. My entire project was rushed in the end and I wish that I did not procrastinate. But plan to do better work in the future, and I am happy that Mike Kenzie and I could come together to make a good project. I wish we had more time to make posters or generally present in front of our classmates, but i think as a group we put in effort to some sort of a change and/or raise awareness in our freshmen class and I am proud of what we did.

In Conclusion, my You and the world project was regrettably rushed. I feel like if I had put more work into it and had got my blog post finished it would have been a better project in the end. I appreciate my friend Joshua for being so open and letting me interview him. I also appreciate Mike and Kenzie for being good group members and  bringing in food for the bake sale. Hope that this project has made an impact and I am glad to have been given the opportunity to do it.  

stop bullying now foundation graphic
stop bullying now foundation graphic