Treyvon & Bishop (Anatomy of ATL)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ywY-mfIREki-9X5—llP7rCaS-Ra2MmF/view?usp=sharing

https://youtu.be/asH5MkOjT94

For our anatomy of a scene, we decided to do it based on the memorable scene in the movie. In this scene, as we know Rashad & New New ends up becoming a couple, but after the night before at cascade, Rashad ends up seeing and finding out something that really makes him upset, so he decides to end the relationship with New New. She then used the quote “The only thing different about me is my address!” but Rashad finds that hard to believe. He’s angry at the moment so he ends up kicking all his friends out and realizes his best friend Benjamin knew about the secret the entire time so ends things with him too, so Rashad felt betrayed.

Script: Treyvon: Today, we will be representing our movie ATL for the anatomy of a scene benchmark, so would you like to tell them what the movie is about.

Bishop: For People who don’t know what ATL is, it was a movie directed by Chris Robinson. Released on March 31st, 2006. Rashad, a teenager living in ATL with his Uncle George and his little brother Ant. Rashad and Ant were both raised by their Uncle George after their parents died in a car accident, they must work with him as part of his custodial company. When not working or finishing his last semester of high school, Rashad spends most of his time with his friend’s roller skating at the Cascade, a popular skating rink.

Bishop: For our anatomy of a scene, we decided to do it based on the memorable scene in the movie. In this scene, as we know Rashad & New New ends up becoming a couple, but after the night before at cascade, Rashad ends up seeing and finding out something that really makes him upset, so he decides to end the relationship with New New.

Treyvon: Getting into the scene, you can first see where Rashad and his friends are sitting on the step, Rashad talks about the situation that happened the night before, and the first Film Terminology the director Chris Robinson uses is Close Up. When he uses close up, you can see the expression of how frustrated Rashad is, how he feels, he feels like he’s been lied to the whole time.

Bishop: She then used the quote “The only thing different about me is my address!” but Rashad finds that hard to believe. In the scene, Rashad snatches the necklace off of Erin’s also known as New New’s neck and tells her he doesn’t forgive her, and he doesn’t care.

Treyvon: A few minutes goes by, and they’re waiting for Erin aka “New New” to pull up, after she pulls up, the guys see a flashy car, at first glance not knowing who it was, and then they see her getting out the car. After that, Rashad walks up to her and the film terminology “dolly tracking” is being used, it is being used as an angle behind Rashad so you can see his back, and the camera follows his movement as he’s walking up to Erin, as if he’s surprised. Erin then speaks, and Rashad is like “oh I don’t know this person, it’s Erin right, he asks her about the car, and they get into a huge argument. Rashad gets heated, snatches the necklace off of Erin’s neck, and she says “the only thing different about me is my address, but he finds that hard to believe.

Bishop: He’s angry at the moment so he ends up kicking all his friends out, and realizes his best friend Benjamin knew about the secret the entire time so ends things with him too, so Rashad felt betrayed.

Treyvon: In the last part of the scene, Rashad then storms in the house after snatching the necklace off of Erins neck, Benjamin ends up following him in, asking him if he’s ok. He confronts Benjamin about the situation. He knew that Benjamin knew the whole time, that’s his best friend, and he didn’t tell him about his girlfriend’s past, or other life. Erin wants to live the gossip girl life, and not her spoiled girl life. Without her daddy’s money, she wants to do her own thing, but Rashad doesn’t know about it. Chris Robinson ends up using about 3 film terminologies, he uses eye level, low angle and close up and you can really see the anger on Rashad’s face. He then says, “you still here” to Benjamin, he’s telling Benjamin “get out my house I don’t want to see you no more” and then he kicks the rest of his friends off the step.

Treyvon: Going off a 5 star Rated Review, they recently watched the movie and it was and they claimed it was AMAZING. Finding old movies that involve sports and drama with a good plot, is a hobby for them and they claim that ATL reminds them of Coach Carter which is one of my favorite films. He believed that ATL’s main character Rashad is written so well for this movie, but he didn’t enjoy Rashad’s uncle. Another favorite character of his was Benjamin, he loved his fuel to get into a good school and his interactions with other characters in the movie. It was a 9/10 movie for him, and he highly suggests it.

Treyvon: Another rating, a more so short one, but it’s the most recent. This person Loved everything about the movie, the plot, the characters etc.! They say they Watched it over and over again! . She even loved the Cascade, which is a real skating rink in ATL. So I haven’t got anything under 5 star reviews about the movie, it’s a must see.

Q4 BENCHMARK_ Anatomy of A Scene