Tristan Atoms and Art- Cobalt

​Cobalt is an element with an atomic number of 27. The element was discovered in 1735 by a man named Georg Brandt. During a little background research I found that Cobalt is a major part of electric cars and for companies like Tesla. The market for Cobalt surged as Tesla was on the rise. It was worth more than many other ores for a while and still is worth more than most. That' what gave me the idea to put the Tesla logo on my print.

The process itself was me first making out a drawn to scale sketch of what I wanted of the print. The next step was to take some tracing paper and trace over what I did on the sketch. After that the last step before printing is to flip the tracing paper and make that indentation into the plate. Once I did that I was ready to print. All printing was to roll paint over the plate and then press it to a piece of paper where you wanted to make the print. To change color just wash the plate and roll a different color.
If I had another go at it I'd make the indentations on my plate as best I could because I feel like that's a really important factor in making your final result come out as you intended it to. Other than that though I don't think I would change anything. I liked my design and how everything was spaced out. So overall pretty good I guess.