Trust Me

My dad and I have always been roller coaster junkies; every summer we would go to at least one amusement park and ride until our heads throbbed and stomachs were sick.  It was a good pain though, a sign that yes, you had overcome the infamous Steel Force or Kingda Ka.  

When I was about 10, my dad and I decided that this was the year to induct my younger brother, Trevor, into our cult.  He was only 5 at the time, so I picked a kiddie roller coaster that I thought he could handle.  There were some hills, but they were only a few feet high.  Honestly, I was embarrassed to wait in line with him, but I swallowed my pride for future rides that awaited us.

He must have been chattering excitedly the entire time we were in the queue because he never actually saw the roller coaster until we'd hit the front of the line.  He turned around, stunned. He then proceeded to run straight into the people now behind us, screaming, "That is NOT a kid's roller coaster!".

Needless to say, he didn't overcome his fear that day and hasn't trusted me with any rides since.