Turn Of Events-Sunny & Pablo

Screenshot 2023-12-11 11.24.49 AM
Screenshot 2023-12-11 11.24.49 AM

The image shows a truck, and the boy was terrified of leaving the “important things the man and the boy left behind. We have decided to change the size of things to show their importance. The tomato can that they left would have been very beneficial to their survival since they always seem to run out of food. The father decided that it would be safer to leave the barn that had food instead of staying at the risk of the owners coming back. The use of “fire the boy was carrying” changed the whole story. If something bad was going to happen, they would say they would make it because they were “carrying the fire.”. This shows that the fire was purely imaginary but had a major impact on the mental health of the man and boy, helping them persevere through the days they spent traveling. Like the fire, the father and son’s belief in God is challenged many times throughout the book. The most memorable time is on page 170, when they meet a blind man who starts to converse with them, leading to a conversation about God going, “I guess God would know it. Is that it?” The blind man then says, “There is no God.” In response, the man says, “No?” getting the response, “There is no God, and we are his prophets.” In the image, the reader can see all the different components that play a role in this book, like the main ones being the fire and the flare gun, since they were great turning points and stopped with the characters throughout the book. The road obviously shows the gloomy setting, and we decided not to color it in to really show how dark and gloomy the setting is by showing little to nothing in dark color or color in general. The mountains in the background also relate to the setting because it shows the rough conditions that they were in since it was cold and we can tell that by the snowy trees mentioned in the beginning of the book.