Unbeknownst Briefs

To this, I propose completely rebranding “Rear Window” with the title “Unbeknowst Briefs”. Call it silly but I find that this takes a funny take on what this movie is. Now the title was conceived purely out of what may be sleep deprivation, but also to what the b-line segment of the story is. The man we focus on for the main gist of the story is essentially an adrenaline-seeking photographer always shooting for that perfect shot that is temporarily disabled, forcing him to stay put at home to almost be almost immobilized for (honestly I forgot how long). For this period of time or main protagonist needs some sort of hobby right? What kind of person can sit idle for hours a day with nothing at all to do? Maybe some sort of serial killer to be fair, but not our main protagonist. So what will our main protagonist ever do with a broken leg for weeks on end? Sleep? No. watch some television? Heavens no? Pick up some skills in the kitchen? What is this the 2010’s? Oh wait, I got it!, or the main protagonist will begin to become a mildly and weirdly educated peeping tom on all the neighbors! And what’s this? A potential love interest? Could be, but it turns out that our main protagonist has gained a friend in the middle of his post-injury boredom that grows very fond of him since there seems to be a weird way shape or form of connection between the two. Now the second protagonist is against the idea of the main protagonist being a peeping tom.

Why I really wanted to stick with the title is because the word unbeknownst can be defined as something happening or existing without the knowledge of someone specified —usually used with to, or in simpler terms; you don’t know what is going on. I wanted to aim for this title to be shot in the neighbor’s direction as they are unaware of what creep creeps on them while they are oblivious to the man behind the bifocals keeping tabs on everyone’s niche actions and private moments. In my opinion, this title choice is great because it is comical, it summarizes the point of what is happening and I also wanted to get kicks about how the main protagonist could catch people moving around in their underwear, hence the briefs part. Also can double as a play into how long we get to see our neighbors being put on display for our protagonists. Pure gold.

unbeknownst briefs
unbeknownst briefs