Violence in Schools- Lobby Assignment #2

New_Image 
Congressman Brady was born and raised in Philadelphia where he attended St. More High School. Then later found a job as a carpenter and soon was part of the Carpenters’ union. He continues to be apart of this union and as well as the teachers’ union. He was sworn into office to represent the people of Pennsylvania’s First Congressional District on May 21, 1998. The First Congressional District includes portions of South Philadelphia, West Philadelphia, North Philadelphia, Northeast Philadelphia, Southwest Philadelphia, Northwest Philadelphia, Center City and parts of Delaware County.Throughout his term Brady supported the well-being of financially disadvantaged communities, as well as pushing legislation for affordable housing as well as strategies to ensure that all Americans have access to quality healthcare and life-saving prescription drugs. As a former member of the Armed Services he continues to push the right of veterans.

Shared Interest

Screen shot 2010-11-23 at 1.41.38 PM

His Views on School Violence

Congressman Brady is an active member in trying to decrease school violence. Recently, he won $3.7 million in Federal Funding for Job Creation and Violence Prevention Funding for the First District.

“Congressman Brady also won nearly $1 million in violence prevention funding. And, on the heels of tensions at South Philadelphia High School, he was able to secure $100,000 for the Main Line Chinese Culture Center for after-school and weekend programs at the Russell Beyer’s Charter School.”

-Press Release from 12/16/09