Voting Interview

Melissa Andrews (Age: 45)​

1. What motivated you to come out and vote?

I believe its my duty to go out and vote if I want change to happen. Just as much as I have rights I have duties and I believe this is one of them

2. What would you like to see changed in our political system?

I think that the voting process should definetly be changed. I dont really agree with the electoral college vote.

Why?

I think we all know what we want and need for this country and should be left up to them, because then it sometimes makes people believe their votes dont count.

3. Do you vote in every election? 

Yes. Ive been voting in every election since the age of 21 which is when I was a little more mature about this and actually cared about it.

4. Do you know why we vote on tuesday?

Not really.

5. Where have you encountered the highest amount of campaigning?

In print. I see them all the time around my neighborhood.

6. What was the most memorable campaign ad that you have encountered?

Well one of my favorites has been the Obama campaign. I think his way of reaching out to people was very effective.

7. Are you always sure of who you are going to vote for when you walk into the booth or are you still deliberating? 

I come in with my choices made. I do my research cause a part of my duty is knowing my facts not just voting for whoever.

8. What changes do you hope to see in Philadelphia as a result of this election?

I dont have high expectations but I do believe that this city should worry a whole lot on putting money towards the school budget and creating safer streets out here with not so much violance

9. What impact do you feel that your vote will have on the election?

I believe that even though im only one person I can still have an impact not only with the election but setting examples to those people who dont come out and take time out of their day and vote.

They didnt allow me to take pictures inside. But I took one of the outside. : )