Week 10 Slideshow

For this course, my class was tasked with creating 5 core pieces of artwork. The themes of these assignments were a ceiling tile, charcoal still life, jack-o-lantern, self portrait, and painting or drawing of your choosing. Going through this project I wanted to express my emotions a little bit more and show how i feel when I'm not a around everyone else. My focus for most of these projects was to carry a message through every art piece I created. As a result of this I was able to find myself in the things I decided to create.

My favorite pieces in this collection would have to be Sleeping socialite and my Hello! X - RAY. These, though they might not seem like it, were inspired by what I actually find interesting about the world. I find it amazing how social media can enhance and discard beauty. It is a vessel that disconnects you from your surrounding but connects you to the world. In Sleeping Socialite, the girl is sleeping or closing her eyes to the world around her, pressing the dislike button on it so that she explore the world inside the internet. For Hello! X - RAY is more a piece that shows that we are all the same on the inside. Hello Kitty is an icon and seen as more important than the other characters in her line, just like how celebrities are seen as superior. I believe that no matter how different someone is, no matter their race, gender, sexual orientation, or social status, we are all the same.

This project as a whole as given me a different outlook on my artwork. I know that I can create whatever I want and I can be confident that I will be proud my work.