Welfare Benefits: Reflection

The bureaucratic ‘task’ that my partner and I selected was to outline the steps needed to apply for welfare benefits. The process included research, paperwork and a flowchart. Our flowchart consisted of the necessary steps needed to receive welfare benefits. The paperwork consisted of an application in the form of about 30 pages. This was a very tedious process. We made certain that the alias name and information we used to fill out the application was as eligible for welfare benefits as possible. We created alias children to make our applicant seem like a struggling mom in need of financial assistance as well as other assistance in order to raise her children effectively. The process as well as the application was monotonous. There are so many women who do not qualify for welfare benefits because their income is above the poverty line. There are also other women who need financial assistance immediately, but the process is so long they may not get the necessary financial aid they need in a timely manner. I would change these aspects of the bureaucratic process because it inconveniences the welfare applicants who need it most. The system has become so complicated because there were many welfare benefits applicants who may have lied and worked around the “system” receiving more money than needed. To cut down on wasteful distribution of financial assistance, the process has become more complicated to make certain the applicant’s who need welfare the most is able to receive it.