What's The Problem here?

Hi, my name is Michael Ing and when trying to decide on a subject that ment alot to me that I knew I would relate with I chose bullying because let's face it we have all experienced bullying in some way shape or form, so that's what I chose to pick for my subject in my You and the World project. I know I have been one of those people to experience it and I want to make a change, as much as I can anyway. While I can't go around and stop bullying myself what I can do is looking at the past experiences of those who were bullied and use it to help others cope and understand it. I can also use statistics to see who is affected more by bullying and why it mainly occurs.

`Now before we go any further we have to actually understand “what bullying is”, well bullying is a form of aggressive behavior towards a person that is always intentional. Usually “bullies” will choose the easiest target to pick on since it is usually done for entertainment. Bullying can occur in any different grade, and to any person. How the community reacts, well since Bullying is most familiarized in school environments i'm gonna use my examples in school environments mostly. In most common cases all students play roles even if they do nothing at all. In situations like this the most common types of roles include the bully/bullies, the person or persons being bullied and the bystanders. When reading through one of the cites it said that you shouldn't refer the “bully” as a “bully” but instead a person who has bullied (This also applies to the other roles also), this is because labeling the person might make them believe how they are perceived won't change and can't change so they just decide to not change anything.

This issue is significant because it can occur anywhere at anytime and it is not ok, I relate to this subject because I played the roles of bystander and person being bullied and it's not fun going to school everyday knowing you're not safe there like you deserve to be. It is important to learn more so we can actually know how to deal with these problems and change them for the better. The most important thing about my research is reading about the experiences that other people had to go through no matter what role they played. Also finding out the statistics about what general “group” those bullying mostly affect.
The Eyes, Amr Elshamy (Cairo, Egypt)
The Eyes, Amr Elshamy (Cairo, Egypt)
For more information check out my annotated bibliography