What Might Not Be Real, Might Be Real

My goal for this essay was to make it the best I could. I had to overcome my fears about this story and share it. My other goal is to share it with the class to see how people feel about it. I’m proud that I really worked on it out of school and that shows how much this means to me. I wanted to tell this story to put out there , that things might be real even if you don’t see it. One thing that can help me improve on my writing is to ask for help and ask for people to read it as well, because if people read it, they can give me feedback.

When I was in 7 grade I would always watch movies and shows about ghosts but I knew that it was fake or that it was made up like cartoons. I would make jokes about it over and over. My dad would tell me that there was a ghost in our house so that I should stop playing. So because I was a kid I didn’t believe him. I kept playing around about the ghost until the day I heard my sister telling my dad that there was something in the basement that pulled her hair. I started to overthink this way too much and tried to find a way on how can this can be real. So I said to myself, they might be playing because this just can’t be real, but something hit me and said to myself they think I’m sleeping in the backroom so that must not know. I also heard my mom talking to both of them about it, something that my mother does not play around is about dead people so that made me believe them even more. All the events are happening in the basement from what I heard, and that’s where I play video games and play down there for hours so why haven’t I noticed anything, I told myself. I would hear movements upstairs but I would not mind it because it was someone upstairs moving. Until the basement door open and close behind me at least 4 times, but I didn’t give it any mind. I turn around on the 4th time and no one was there to open the door and close it, I went upstairs to check if any of my family was downstairs trying to play around with me. When I checked upstairs I asked everyone if they were downstairs and they all said ‘’No.’’ A week has passed and I heard my mom telling my dad that ‘’something closed the door on her and she said it was like someone breathing on her face. She also said that no one was in the house but her.’’ I had a gaming setup in the basement so I would be the one that would be downstairs the most, and that means I would have a higher risk of being hurt from this thing. I wanted to move my gaming setup so fast but my dad said ‘’that there is nowhere to put it so it does not have a setup or stay downstairs.’’ I would feel like someone is breathing behind my back but I would try not to think about too much because I didn’t want to go crazy because of something that is not real. I would try my best every day to not look back because it would make me go crazy and overthink it. I didn’t think of it that much because it didn’t harm my family or me yet so I would try to overcome it and forget about it.

I got some feedback saying that I would have to learn to change it up and not talk about the same thing over and over because you told us to talk about something else. I also got told that my writing was good but I will give to learn to put bigger words to make seem like a pro. I will have to learn to remember that it’s a story so it can sound like I’m writing at the period. I also got asked to learn to re-read it learn from my mistakes so that I can look at what I might have missed and that needs to be added so that the story can make sense, or that it would look way better. Something that I noticed is that my group used the same words and that makes it more notable and tells me what they want us to know about their work. Ethan also told me that I would have to put hints in there to give the readers an idea If the theme and what the story is trying to tell the readers.

What I’m trying to point out is that everyone has a problem in their house and if you can do anything you can do to stop it or to get away from it, you should, because it can get even worse for you and the people around you. How we make sense of things that we don’t know about. This can happen to people all over the world and people would not care or pay good action to it until it happens and people should try to learn about this because if you move and something is there, you might have a problem. Movies and shows are fake but they get it from real life and make it into entertainment and that is not good because this might be happening to people.