"What We See is What We Are" SLAphotolab: The Six-Week Run at MetropolitanGallery250 Starts 12/5, 6-8pm

WhatWeSeeFrontOpt
WhatWeSeeFrontOpt
WhatWeAreBackOpt
WhatWeAreBackOpt
Seasons Greetings,

SLAphotolab has been busy!

Fresh off the success of our summer indiegogo campaign, we've been cranking out work all semester and are ready to show some of it off. Thanks to the continued support of our generous sponsors, our students have the unique opportunity of setting up camp at Metropolitan Gallery 250 in Rittenhouse Square from December 5th until January 18th. 

Our show centers on a truly piercing quote by legendary Magnum photographer Ernst Haas, 

"There is only you and your camera. The only limitations in your photography 

are within you, for what we see is what we are." 

We've taken this to heart, explored his work and have interpreted this as a challenge to continue our push forward. 75 new students are embracing the medium, and those who pioneered the program last year have continued exploring via independent study. Their work is UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Come join us on First Friday, Dec 5th from 6-8pm for Opening Night, and learn more about the ground-breaking public photography workshops our students will lead throughout Dec/Jan.

Gallery Hours: Sat/Sun from 11-4pm from Dec 5th until Jan 18th. 
(250 18th St. Rittenhouse Sq, directly across from the Art Alliance). 

Student work is available for sale to the public throughout our stay to continue to fund the growth of our dynamic program. For more info on the show check out BreadHead Blogand get in touch if interested in volunteering/participating in our weekend workshops (promoted on the blog).

Hope to see you on the 5th and beyond! 
SLAphotolab

Douglas Herman
dherman@scienceleadership.org