work for no reward-blog post 3

This is the last of the three blogs you can find the other  two here and here. When I start first started this project it was a suggestion from ms. Smith because she knew that i was an athlete and she thought that it  something with college was a thing I would be interesting. At first I didn’t want to do it, it wasn’t a topic that I found interesting but because my other topic was picked I did it. From this project I learned a lot from this it was something that was meaningful to me without me knowing it. From researching  about college athletes I learned about how  what a college athletes have to go through in order to pursue and education and do what they love.

IMG_20170608_131106653.jpg

When I started thinking about what I want to for  my agent of change I originally wanted to go  make an instagram account and interview college athletes and let them tell their story but because of complications with getting in contact with athletes this wasn’t going to work. Then the idea came to  me to have people wear college gear like hoodies, shirts, hats, etc. which was easy to do and post the hashtag #fortheathletes sadly the hashtag didn’t catch on but luckily I had people bring in college gear which was very helpful. This was very helpful because people that didn’t know about compensation for college athletes started to ask me about it and people started to be aware of it.  I started to notice my message was able to get out and reach more people. I notice more people wearing gear and knowing about the problem with college athletes.

For me coIMG_20170608_130450308.jpgmpensation for college athletes was a real problem maybe not as big as homelessness or female rights but nevertheless it is a problem. For a college student money is something extremely important that is essential to live comfortable. Having to deal with the playing sports with is mentally and physically exhausting to do. To me someone that goes through all this just for education should not be worried about being able to perform with no energy  even though they earn money for their school.  I believe that NCAA should think more able there athletes just because this isn’t on the pro level doesn’t mean the athletes aren’t giving it their hearts, they deserve not to worry about Money.

IMG_20170608_130627364.jpg