World of 100 Analysis

Languages in a world of 100:

Technology in a world of 100:

Country of Origin in a world of 100:

Above are the charted/graphed results of my answers, the class averaged answers and the actual answers to the World of 100 survey we took on Wednesday morning in Globalization. My charts/graphs show the answers I chose, the averages of all of the class' answers, as well as the actual answers for the survey. The class averages and actual answers were actually, for the most part, pretty close in numbers. Mine, on the other hand, were way off when it came to them against the actual answers. 

I chose to focus on Language, Country of Origin, and Technology. The most accurate of my graphs I would have to say would be the Language portion of the survey. For all but a few of the answers, I was pretty close in range. I figured the most spoken language would have been English because a lot of countries in the world speak English as a language. I also thought that since a lot of countries speak English, that the majority of the people would be speaking English when they communicated with each other. That was just how I thought about it in my mind.

I would have to say that my most inaccurate graph would probably be the Country of Origin portion of the survey. I mean, I was pretty much just as inaccurate with the Technology, but since there were more options when it came to countries and only two for technology, I used the countries. I believe that I was inaccurate because I was thinking of the 100 people all living in North America in a civilization, rather than all over the world. I guessed that since most people who live in North America now were born here, that the majority of the 100 would be too. Sadly, I was wrong. It turns out that the majority of the people would be from Asia, which makes sense because countries in Asia, such as China and Japan, are overflowing with people. 

It was a HUGE shock for me when I realized that only 3/4 of the people would have cell phones and 1/4 wouldn't. I thought it would be more like 9/10 with cell phones and only 1/10 without. Since the majority of people now have cell phones, it really surprised me that the option for people with cell phones number wasn't higher. 

I think that I was way off on all of them because honestly, I didn't know. I wasn't sure about certain things like, if everyone was going be living in one country, if we were all spread out around the world, how much different would the world be from it is now, etc. It was kind of confusing. I wasn't spot on for any of them. It was kind of disappointing, but it was fun to learn some new and interesting facts from this assignment.