World of 100 Analysis

Screen shot 2012-02-10 at 11.34.00 AM
In this graph it seems that I was closer to what the correct answer is than that of the class average, when it comes to the people  who have safe drinking water. In the second part of the graph I am still on the right track it seems. It is interesting that the class average is basically the same on both parts of the graph. i would have thought that the class or I would have been on the right path to the correct answer. However the correct answer for this graph seems much more drastic than most of the class assumed. 

Screen shot 2012-02-10 at 11.33.20 AM
In this graph I was a bit closer to the actual answer than the class average. I expected the literacy for woman to be a higher than what it is. However I live in a place where it is expected for women to be to read and write, it is considered normal. As a result of this my numbers are skewed. I think the class average is very optimistic, even with my optimism I know that the class assumption is way too even to be true.

Screen shot 2012-02-10 at 11.34.15 AMIn this graph I expected North America to have a higher percentage than it actually does. I tried to keep in mind the size of each country because the size of the actual country would effect its percentage in the graph. I did not expect the percentage for Asia to be as high as it is. I thought that Africa and Asia would be closer to each other in number with Europe and  North America just behind them. I am also surprised that the the number of from the Caribbean is , in my opinion, much higher than I assumed.

Analysis:
I was most accurate to the correct answer for the drinking water. I think out of all of the categories I picked I think my optimism didn't effect my thinking when I considering the numbers for who had and did not have safe drinking water. My most inaccurate assumption was graph with the geography. I tried to keep in mind the size of the actual country because I knew this would effect the numbers. Though I knew this my numbers were still very wrong. I believe the reason I did so is because I thought that North America would be higher that it was.

The real answer that shocked me the most was the drinking water. Originally I thought that that statistic would be backwards with clean water being the smaller percentage. I know that humanity doesn't use most of the worlds water we re-used all of the water we use so I thought as a result of this there would would more with less access to clean water.

I think that Most of my assumptions were a mixture of what I learned throughout the years and what I am exposed to on a daily. I learned about the facts of the world in school but I live in only one part of it. Where live may have effected some of decisions what thinking of the numbers I assigned in each category.