Write to Connect

I write to connect. That is the main reason why I write. I write because it exposes myself. Writing allows me to do this because it lets me share things that I never thought I could talk about without showing people everything about who I am. People know me without knowing me. Writing out these moments and stories that live in my head put myself in a new, slightly uncomfortable position; having others read them becomes even more uncomfortable. For some reason I continue sharing my writing; I continue to expose myself in this way because I love it, it's worth the uncomfortable feeling.

I also write to connect with ideas. Nearly every night I write in a journal. This is an attempt to connect with the ideas that are flying around in my head. Writing them out allows them to form fully and fully formed ideas are much easier to connect with. Even though no one else reads this writing I feel as though I understand myself better.

I am a writer, I am a novelist. My writing has put my into a world full of all types of people. I have met and connected with people over the ideas that we put into words. I have been exposed to new challenges and experiences because of words.