Wynn Geary Q1

Found Object Sculpture:

“Personal Jesus”

Before my grandparent’s house caught on fire, I was able to take this Jesus statue out of the house. I really wasn’t a fan of the color and I got inspired by the Depeche mode song that was covered by Johnny Cash and later Marilyn Manson “Personal Jesus”. The idea is that everyone has a personal Jesus, someone to hear their prayers, someone who’s there. 

Copy a Master:

Andy Warhol Cats:

For my copy a master I chose to focus on Andy Warhol and his collection of cat drawings. These  pen and water color pieces are fantastic and really capture Warhol, they were unique and simple but filled with character and color.

Click Here to view the the first original piece and the 2nd original piece

#ENGCHAT:

This fall I’ve been working on a giant rebrand for Engchat, A website that encourages communication collaboration and conversation in english teachers. The site it run by SLA’s very own Meenoo Rami. I worked with Ms. Rami on lots and lots of variations of the logo. 

Engchat On White
Engchat On White

The logo when through many stages (pictures shown below) and finally we decided to strip down the entire logo to just our typography and to incorporate our favorite aspect of the logo, the pencil hashtag. I made the hashtag pencil colored and we came up with something that we absolutely loved. 

Below is an image of the logo at different stages throughout the design process.

At one point during the process of making the logo, we had lots of things that we wanted to put on the logo and lots of ideas for the logo but we hadn't yet come to a solution about to put all of the things we wanted into a single image. I came up with the idea to laser cut all of the design elements I had created and then using the piece, allow my client to build their own logo out of paper. This was helpful for 2 reasons, I got to see what style my client wanted and my client was also able to see that with the number of things they wanted in the logo it was almost impossible to not make it look over crowded. Below are some images of logos that we made
Photo 1
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 2
Photo 9
Photo 9
Photo 3
Photo 3
Photo 10
Photo 10
Photo 12
Photo 12