You and the World Final Post

Sydney Montgomery

Mrs.Giknis

English 1

June 5, 2015

Blog Post Reflection

I wish I could have found a lot more information for this project. After starting the project I realized that I didn’t even know what I was looking for. I had my mind set on so many different ideas and didn’t even take the time to really think them through. For my original research, I decided to interview the school psychologist. The interview went wonderful and I loved all the information that she gave me, but afterwards I felt lost. I didn’t know what to do with the information or how I could benefit from it. My research had just become worthless. If I ever had to do this project over, I would do an entirely different project. Maybe me doing something that I was this passionate about wasn’t the best idea. Me being this interested in my topic made me want to go all out on it and realizing that I couldn’t do these things frustrated me. I had to keep settling for less because my ideas just didn’t fit in with the time I had. At first I wanted to do a field observation at my old school, but I didn’t know what I was looking for. So many questions came to mind that made me think about I could possibly benefit from that research and I couldn’t find one positive answer. If I could do this exact part over again, I would get way more organized so that I could a lot more information to work with. I would do the same with my agent of change too because that part for me went absolutely terrible. Again, I had plenty of wonderful ideas but had to think about time. As soon as I thought I found the one for me, things started to go wrong again. People didn’t answer my survey, then when I finally did get TWO responses I couldn’t even work with that. I got my pictures late, and the two people I thought would rescue my project never gave me the one I really needed to complete this task. After this I just gave up because I didn’t quite see the point anymore. My project was a complete failure and did not at all spread the message I wanted it to.

Amal Giknis (Teacher)
Amal Giknis

You're definitely your own harshest critic. You have a lot of great ideas, and even though you got discouraged and things didn't exactly work out as you'd planned, hopefully you learned a lot in the process. You have years of project opportunities ahead to really shine!