Zaahid Johnson Capstone

Transferring to SLA was a big, new step for me.I had to adjust to the environment and the new way of learning. While other students had been accustomed to SLA’s core values for three years, this was my first year getting used to them. Picking a senior project to do was difficult for me, I wanted to do something I was passionate about but also something that tied into the SLA core values. For my project I decided to bring back a neighborhood event called The Hair Harvest, that had been stopped due to covid. The Hair Harvest is always held the Sunday before Thanksgiving and started as a way of helping to boost spirits during the holidays, especially for those who are less fortunate. The event took place at the Ford Pal Center located at 631 Snyder Ave. At the event, local people in the neighborhood and from neighboring shelters could come to the Ford Pal Center and receive free hair cuts and hair styles, free manicures, free food and drinks, live music and entertainment, and so much more.

Event Website: https://sites.google.com/scienceleadership.org/the-hair-harvest/home?authuser=0

Copy of Capstone Bibliography-2