Zivia- Media Fluency

Media Fluency Slide- Zivia
I wanted my slide to be aesthetically pleasing and simple. To accomplish this goal, I focused mainly on the text and color, leaving out images and other types of decorations that might be distracting. As for the lessons from the various sites and videos, I used the Rule of Thirds, Contrast, Large Text, Bleeding and Empty Space. For the Rule of Thirds, I found myself placing my hands on the screen to make sure the main points of my text hit a crossing in the grid. The “i’s” in my name border the two horizontal lines, while the longer lines of descriptive text right are placed on the vertical lines of the Rule of Thirds grid. In terms of “contrast and color,” I used a color scheme generator to find a visually pleasing scheme with a very dark color and light color which then blended into a purple sunset. To add contrast to this smooth movement of color, I placed the same colors in the background, in an actual sunset, but set off slightly to make the main words pop, such as the bright yellow with the overall part. Lastly, I wanted a sense of movement for my slide, so making it look like the sunset was bleeding off the page-- to use presentation zen’s words-- was important. To create this bleeding feeling, I used a simple drawing program called Sumopaint to make a rolling blur of various colors. Overall, I’m really happy with the final design.

Cristina Valenzo (Student 2020)
Cristina Valenzo

In your slide you can see the bleeding you attempted with the sunset colors. However in you slide your name was so big and that was what my eyes focused on first , your words beneath that are to small , if you can make the bigger I fee like it can make your slide better.