Mrs. Hirschfield’s College Blog- featuring dozens more opportunities!
• Working papers: All students under 18 must obtain working papers to qualify for employment. See link for details.
• WorkReady jobs: Year-round & summer programs - employment, internships, opportunities!
• Monell Science Apprenticeship Program: Intensive paid summer internship that offers high school and undergraduate students in the Philadelphia area an extraordinary opportunity to learn about science and directly participate in basic research. Application due in Fall, check website.
• Fox Chase Cancer Center Immersion Science Program: Summer and school year programs for students interested in learning about cancer research. Winter program runs January - March, application due in October.
• Fox Chase Cancer Center High School Research Opportunity: Students gain hands-on training in basic laboratory techniques and conceptual skills including hypothesis generation, experimental design and data analysis. Summer program at Temple University, July-August, application available in March.
• Teen Leadership Corps at Awbury Arboretum: All high school youth are welcome to join our team as we share our talents and develop skills in urban agriculture, culinary arts, and entrepreneurship at the TLC Market Garden. Middle school youth volunteers will also be considered.
• Share Food Program: Volunteer at a warehouse distributing food for local families. Weekend shifts available.