A Day in the Life- Bulgaria

​Link to Chart

Link to Bibliography

Reflection

My life at 12-years-old was nothing compared to what the children of Bulgaria go through. For the little girl I made up, her life was considered great compared to the other girls in the country. Many girls at that age are married, and have children very young. A lot of children in Bulgaria live in foster homes, and are adopted by Americans or the wealthy of the country. The thing that surprised me the most was the amount of children that are being put up for adoption for many reasons. Whenever I did research for my country, I kept getting things about adoptions agencies, and the steps you must take to adopt a child (which is not very hard in Bulgaria). The thing that didn't surprise me was how many of the children who suffer from malnutrition in the country because their families are poor. In certain cities the citizens are pretty wealthy, but as you move to the more rural areas that begins to change. I think that when most of these kids are 40, they will have great-great-great grandchildren! Most likely they will not be well adjusted enough because they spent most of their childhood as parents. If not that then they probably won't make it to 40.