Aazimah Muhammad- Hanging Mobile

Artist statement 

The heart is a symbol, that can mean a lot of things. Personally, I like hearts because they are pretty, and very easy to put your own spin on. However my project is three hearts that will hang down displaying a child’s mobile. I thought about a mobile, because my brother is expecting. Furthermore, when I was younger I used to have a Winnie the Pooh mobile, and I loved it. I though that my new niece or nephew would love it. So I thought about it, and I made it hearts for love. A mobile, that would have hearts and, and create enough light to keep the child company at night. I love hearts, and hearts are a huge part of who I am. I can draw hearts, and have each one mean something. They are peaceful to me, so I planned on making this project peaceful, and happy. 

In the beginning, I decided that I wanted my circuit to be bright, and noticeable. Then I changed my mind, and made it peaceful and calm for a child’s room. In doing this, I needed to make the current going through my bulbs, lower than normal so they would appear dimmer. I then needed increase my resistance, so that they current would be lower making my light bulbs dimmer. Also, my circuit uses wires, that connects the light bulbs to each other to make sure that it is a “closed circuit” without it being a closed circuit, the lightbulbs would not work. In the end, the higher the resistance, they lower the current, thus making a dimmer light for a more peaceful setting. 

IMG_2049-1
IMG_2049-1