Adoption Reflection

1.) Briefly summarize the bureaucratic 'task' that you selected.

The bureaucratic task that my partner and I selected was "Adoption." Adoption is a complicated process to got through and it is rather lengthy. Before even starting the steps, you have to make it a priority to learn about adoption an decided if this is what you really want. Decided if parenting is something that you my want to add to your life. At times this process can be overwhelming, but if you really passionate about taking in a child and if your ready to have a child or teenager in your life to provide for, then this is the best way to go.

2.) Give an overview of your process

The first thing you should do is learn everything about adoption. Whether it's tendencies or statistics, you should want to lean them and keep them in mind. Finding an agency should be easy. Then you have to complete a home-study, so the agency can determine your qualification before you can search for a child that best fist you. Once you find your child, you have to exchange information between you and the agency. Once your information is reviewed the agency will contact you to tell you if your are selected. If you are selected you will meet and visit the child to get acquainted, then receive a placement.  When the placement is finished you will finalize the adoption which include paper work. Finally you will be able to live your new life with your adoptive child.

3.) Reflect upon the paperwork that you needed to fill out. Was it straightforward, easy, difficult, perplexing, etc.

My partner and I were not able to get the actual paper work for adoption. In order to get the paper work we would have had to make online accounts with different agencies websites. Since we aren't really adopting, we did not want to create actual accounts and give the agencies our personal information.

4.) If you could change one thing about the bureaucratic process that you flow charted, what would it be and why?

I would not change anything about the bureaucratic process. I happen to believe that each step within the process is necessary.

5.) Why do you think the systems have become so complicated?

I think systems have become so complicated because the systems have grown and changed. Systems have to make sure that people are qualified for what they want to do. Therefore people might have to endure obstacles and complications, but if they are the right people, then it should be a straightforward process.

Other thoughts, reflections, feedback.

Adoption McKelly & Tajh