Alex Johnson Marking Period 2

For Quarter two, I wanted to try and do something new at least every two weeks. Since I like to do a lot of abstract art using photoshop, I made a few things testing out some new brushes and methods. For one of my art pieces, I used a new brush set that mimics the moon. I used this along with a layer of stars for a poster size image of the moon and stars. I further used my other artwork to make new stuff. I had a lot of fun this quarter because I took a lot of peoples' ideas and suggestions to help make my art masterpieces.

For my most important piece, the Silent Wolf, I got the idea to draw a wolf for my friend. I was sketching and retouching my first drafts until I got my rough pencil sketch. Then I carefully traced it with a sharpie. After erasing the pencil from under the sharpie for cleaner lines, I took a picture of it and added color in photoshop. After I did that, I decided to add a moon and stars to the background. To make it easier to work with, I made the moon and stars in a separate poster shaped canvas in Photoshop. After finishing that, I copied the wolf with color onto the moon and stars. Since Christmas was coming up, I wanted to surprise my friend with it by adding in his name. I added some after-effects to the text and cleaned up some edges to finish.

The other main portion of my art time was devoted to an intricate youtube layout. It took a lot of work to make this. First, I had to do a bit of research to figure out the dimensions I would need to make it. Then I had to make the difficult guide lines for the boxes. Instead, after many futile attempts, I got the guide lines from another layout. I then began to add the stuff my friend wanted. After a lot of tweaking with the dimensions, and a lot of time later (10+ hours) I finally had the image perfect. Credit to one of my friends for helping with this too.

The rest of the artwork is just stuff I worked on during this marking period. The wolves are in order of process. Pencil -> Sharpie -> Final Silent Wolf. Then the Moon poster and the manifest of both joined.

To see the youtube layout in action, check out my friend's page: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrWh1sk3y
Wolf (Pencil)
Wolf (Pencil)
Wolf (Sharpie)
Wolf (Sharpie)
Silent Wolf
Silent Wolf
Moon poster
Moon poster
ESW Silverwolf
ESW Silverwolf
Whiskey Youtube Layout
Whiskey Youtube Layout
Moon and Stars
Moon and Stars
Happy Bday Reddy
Happy Bday Reddy
"Thanks a lot. I'm really impressed!" -Mr. Reddy
ESW Sleepy3d
ESW Sleepy3d