Art Blog Post 2

Tajh Jenkins

January 14, 2011

Second Quarter Art Blog Post

My second quarter art project was all about basketball, the NBA specifically. In the beginning of the quarter I did not really know what I wanted to design.  Starting was the hardest thing to do because I didn’t have a clue on what I should do. Finally, I decided that I wanted to make a poster about my favorite NBA team, the Miami Heat. The poster is a reflection of the team and it’s three best players, Dwyane Wade, Lebron James, and Chris Bosh.

The top of the poster reads HEAT across it. The right side of each letter is outlined with a black marker but the colors of the letters are painted orange.  Right beneath the letters that spell out Heat is the team’s logo. The logo is a red basketball that is painted in the shape of a flame that goes through a white ring, which is, suppose to be the basketball hoop. The end of the basketball flame is painted yellow. I outlined the lines of the basketball with a black marker as well.

To the left of the logo is a picture that I printed out of Chris Bosh shooting a basketball. The picture is in color. On the far left side of the poster are 3 concentric circles. The first concentric circle has Dwayne Wade written on top of it and it has a big 3 inside of the circle that is colored red. Dwayne Wade’s name is outlined black and red, while the outlines of the circles and the 3 are with a black marker. The middle concentric circle is the same thing but it has Lebron James name on the top of it. His name is outlined with a black and yellow marker. Instead of there being a 3 inside of the circle, there’s a 6 that is colored in and outlined with a black marker. The circle is colored in yellow and is outlined with a black marker as well. The last concentric circles is the same thing as the other two but it has Chris Bosh’s name on top of it that is outlined with a black and orange marker and there is a 1 inside of the circle that is colored orange and outlined with a black marker. The circle is also colored orange and outlined with a black marker.

To the right of the team logo there is a picture of Lebron James. That picture is in color.  To the bottom right of the logo there is a picture of Dwyane Wade, which also is in color. The last symbol on the poster for is located at the bottom right hand corner of the poster. It is the alternate Miami Heat logo. The logo is upper case “M” and “H” that is connected.  Both the “M” and “H” are painted red.   The “H” is outlined by a black marker. The top right of the “H” is a flame. Half of the flame is painted orange and the other half is red.

For the second part of the project I decided to draw a couple of NBA logos and post them on a paper. The logos that I drew were the Boston Celtics,  Philadelphia 76ers, Atlanta Hawks, Dallas Mavericks, Oklahoma City Thunder and Washington Wizards. For extra, I drew the NBA logo. This was a fun project, I just wish I knew how to be more creative. I could have done something else.

IMAG0272
IMAG0272
IMAG0272
IMAG0272
IMAG0270 (1)
IMAG0270 (1)