Art Q3 Work

I. Artist History: Andy Warhol

Andy’s life story: 

Andy Warhol was an American Artist. He was born on August 6th of 1928 and died on February 22nd of 1987. He lived with his parents who emigrated from Mikó. Warhol was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. As a child, he suffered from Sydenham’s Chorea, a disease that causes involuntary movements and really high fever. Warhol describes this period of his life as a very important one in the development of his character and preferences. 

He majored in Art after high school and studied commercial Art. He started his career and exhibitions in the 1950’s in New York City. 

His art incorporated the the visual art movement known as ‘‘pop art’’. His work of art represent the relationship between artistic expression, advertising, and the celebrity culture that flourished in the 60’s. His first art projects consisted of ‘‘blotted ink’’. His earlier paintings showed images taken from cartoons, advertisements, and celebrities being hand painted with blotted ink. As he became more successful, he slowly eliminated the ‘‘hand painting’’ style and moved on to silk screening. Silk screening was a lot easier. It consisted of using silk as a stencil and silk screen it so he could create different patterns multiple times. He created paintings of celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe using this technique and built a large collection of them. He also made films during the 60’s and published several books about him as an artist. 

The Andy Warhol museum is a museum dedicated to his collections and works of art. It is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It is the largest museum dedicated to a single artist in the United States. 

Copy of his work: 

Collages:

Flowers: