Art Slideshow

During the Second Quarter of Advanced Art, I made about thirty-five pieces of work collectively for six assignments. There are all featured here in the slideshow, from least recent to most recent.
First, I drew ten blind contour drawings for various things, including my face and my hands. I didn't choose any of the items for any particular reason, just things that very conveniently around. I wasn't expected for anything good to come out of my work but I was pleasantly surprised when I ended up liking the water bottle.
Second, I colored the same ten drawings mentioned above in various styles. Personally, I believe adding color made the drawing my sensible. I tend to lean towards drawing in pastels because I like the way light colors blend. It was interesting to see how coloring abstract drawings with abstract colors made them more appealing. My favorite one among them was the bright pink colored hand.
Third, I made five of my own drawings using pencils and colored them using oil pastels. It didn't take to an overall theme but instead drew what came to mind, my drawings tended to involve floral imagery and curls. Working with oil pastels was difficult to me, since I kept reducing them to crayons and wasn't sure how to blend colors. The drawing I prefer of any one them is the purple flower.
Fourth, I recreated two pieces of art from Keith Haring. To be frank, I choose to recreate his works on the basis of how stylized he is. I didn't have faith in my abilities if I were to recreate an art piece from someone who I actually admired. Still, it was fun drawing in his styles. I used oil pastels to color them in, which was a horrible idea since everything started to smudge.
Fifth, I illustrated two songs, Riptide by Vance Joy and Fresh Static Snow by Porter Robinson. Listening to Riptide, I always got the sense of isolation from Vance Joy so I drew a grey, dull city. But towards the end of the song, I always felt like he was reaching out to someone he loved, so I added streaks of colors and bright windows to give it warmth. Porter Robinson always writes song that happens in space, hence the drawing. I had fun using watercolors, I like how cosmic they can look.
Sixth, I took six for the photo editing assignment and there's not much else to say about it. It was difficult finding enough subjects to take photos of but I managed just fine. The hardest part of the assignment was getting the camera to focus on the closest thing relative to the screen. It was easy editing them and restoring proper color.