Art Within Bodies

This project required me to take photos of five different people. These photos were taken in the same position and around the same place. By doing this, I ensured that there was no difference between the pictures that would drastically affect the difference in body structure. All of the pictures were in taken in a natural and relaxed position. After taking all those pictures, I went into Photoshop and cut the photos in fourths. The fourths consisted of head, shoulders to waist, waist to ankle, and ankle to end of shoe. My intentions were to put a persons head on top of another persons shoulders on top of another persons legs with someone else’s feet. However, I kept the heads next to each other at the top of the page, and spread the rest of the parts of the people throughout the rest of this page.

Within this project, I focused on what I wanted to express through my art. I wanted to convey the different parts of people and how they can be looked at separately and more in depth. I wanted to show why certain parts of the body are a certain way on certain people. The final project conveys how people are meant to have certain features about themselves. If they are not on their own bodies than they should just be in space.